Product Marketing Manager, Messenger
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world – over 1B people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. In addition to texting, you can make free voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs and chat with groups. Messenger is also redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual messaging features, end-to-end encryption, a hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. As a team, we combine the best parts of working at a startup with global scale.
We're looking for a proven, consumer-focused Product Marketing Manager to join our growing Messenger team. The role is responsible for inbound and outbound product marketing for a group of Messenger products and experiences. You'll be leading efforts to understand our target audiences, influence product strategy, drive go-to-markets, and deepen our users' relationship with our products and our brand. If you're passionate about connecting consumers with products, enjoy spanning between analytical and creative, and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Develop core product narrative and positioning for consumer facing Messenger features.
- Drive and execute product marketing strategy and roadmap to help achieve product goals.
- Define your target audience and represent the voice of our users to internal teams.
- Influence product strategy and in-product experiences with relevant consumer and market insights.
- Create and execute go-to-market plans to launch new features. Collaborate closely with Product Management, PR, Design, and Data Science to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout plan, creative asset development, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and affinity.
- Help build and evolve Messenger's brand, identifying and supporting the delivery of impactful creative assets, including product websites, videos, brand campaigns, and more.
- Support and coordinate efforts across cross-functional teams, including Product Management, PR, Design, and others.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing with a consumer focus.
- Experience in the Internet and/or technology industry.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience partnering with and influencing Product Management and other internal teams.
- Project management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing, Social Sciences or other related discipline.
- Mobile app marketing experience.
- Prior experience in a startup environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top