Product Marketing Manager, Location Infrastructure
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about using technology to create location-aware experiences to help people connect with the world around them. The role will focus on consumer products with close coordination with our data infrastructure teams.You will be responsible for informing product strategy, go-to-market planning and execution, and adoption of location aware products. The right person is a self-starter who loves working alongside cross-functional teams to develop consumer focused initiatives that help drive product adoption. They would be responsible for thoughtfully understanding consumer needs, identifying market opportunities through research and analytics, and driving measurable results. The ideal person has an analytical mindset, excellent marketing intuition, and thrives on crafting and executing compelling marketing programs. This is a full-time position based in New York.
- Develop 6-month marketing strategy and plan to achieve consumer product goals
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights from research and analysis to influence product strategy and inform go-to-market plans
- Create the go-to-market plan to determine effective launch strategy, crafting the core product positioning and messaging, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors
- Plan and lead successful marketing campaigns to efficiently drive product awareness and adoption, including creative asset development and media planning
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Research, PR, Design, engineering stakeholders and more) to deliver world-class product marketing programs
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years professional experience in a corporate or startup environment
- 4+ years working in a Consumer Product Marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to support product launches)
- Experience partnering with product & cross-functional teams to identify and bring to market solutions with consumer benefit.
- Experience problem solving and tackling problems with a creative mindset, creating recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- Project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy.
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top