Product Marketing Manager, Local Vertical Solutions
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
With over 60 Million active business Pages, the Facebook Local team already has one of the largest business platforms in the world. Facebook seeks a leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about building businesses and consumer connections, online presences, and conversion funnels. This leader will help define and launch vertical specific solutions for helping people to connect with millions of businesses.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a customer focused leader who can partner cross-functionally to identify key market opportunities, translate into product requirements and establish go-to-market strategies that unlock those opportunities. Ideally, this candidate will have prior experience with and strong opinions on marketplaces and SMB online presences with a deep understanding of the landscape, trends and business models. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results, and developing and executing against global launch plans marketing to very large numbers of business. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the requirements of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering.
- Identify and prioritize product opportunities for building two sided marketplaces to help businesses use Facebook to more effectively reach and engage with their consumers based on research, analysis and a strategic view of the direction of the market.
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive successful product beta programs and launches.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem to develop strategic product direction and positioning.
- Define and manage go-to-market strategy and plan including communicating value proposition of new product, aligning with policy and PR and ensuring effective sales facing materials and press releases are created.
- Partner with Product Management and outbound marketing to lead world-class product marketing communications.
- Drive product adoption and usage by developing and managing detailed, long-term adoption plans in partnership with sales.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years experience working in analytics/data science, growth, product marketing or product management capacity
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- 8+ years of professional experience with backgrounds in analytic fields such as strategy consulting, investment banking, venture capital or online marketing
- Experience working with B2C marketplaces
Back to top