Product Marketing Manager, Internet.org
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're hiring an experienced, entrepreneurial product marketer excited about joining our small team and building out what product marketing means for Internet.org. This role would flex across our range of product offerings, with a focus on Express Wifi, a connectivity effort that enables local entrepreneurs to resell internet access to their community. The right person has worked in growing B2C and B2B marketing teams for markets such as India, Latin America, and Africa, and has a track record of driving measurable impact aligned with business goals. The right person has a deep understanding of consumers in those markets, especially in rural areas, and has experience marketing to partners involved in offering internet to consumers, such as internet service providers. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park. Travel is expected.
- Understand the multiple players in the Internet.org ecosystem across consumers, policy makers, operators, internet service providers, and retailers.
- Bring partner insights to define the scope and strategy for building out B2B2C product marketing for the internet service provider audience in India, Africa, Latin America, and other markets.
- Leverage insights about the consumer, market, and competitive offerings to inform the product roadmap and positioning, go-to-market plans, and ROI-efficient marketing programs and channels.
- Apply marketing strategy best practices to establish product marketing as a thought leader, while innovating on "first ever" efforts.
- Establish best practices for how to drive product goals in a ROI-efficient manner across a range of low-cost marketing channels.
- Lead analysis and diagnosis around key opportunity areas across markets and consumer segments.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including PR, product, and policy stakeholders) to launch global and local moments that further the product narrative.
- Lead and collaborate with external creative agencies to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets across multiple channels.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset, create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of experience in product marketing, brand management, and/or direct response marketing
- Experience in B2C and B2B marketing for India, Africa, or Latin America.
- Experience building high performing teams.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Start-up experience
- Understanding of connectivity technologies and the industry landscape
- Experience working with Internet Service Providers
- Experience translating complex topics into simple and intuitive communications
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top