Product Marketing Manager, Facebook Groups Consumer Marketing
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for an experienced product marketing manager, passionate about online communities, to join us on the Groups product marketing team. Over 1 billion people use Facebook Groups every month to build communities and meaningful connections with others around the things they care about. Our groups product marketing team is responsible for global, end-to-end marketing of the products designed to help consumers, group admins, and businesses build and connect through these communities.This role is responsible for bringing new products and marketing campaigns to market that help consumers connect to meaningful communities and that enable group admins to build them. Working in close partnership with internal teams, you'll deliver proactive marketing moments to raise awareness, drive adoption, and shape the narrative around Facebook Groups.If you're analytical and creative, passionate about products and the online community space, and if you thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, then we'd love to meet you. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Develop a vision for and lead successful global marketing campaigns to raise awareness of Facebook Groups and connect consumers to meaningful online communities.
- Collaborate with internal teams to build and deliver proactive narratives and integrated marketing moments around the tools we have in place to keep consumers safe and that empower admins to create supportive communities online.
- Define target audiences and core value propositions for products and successfully bring these them to market in support of Facebook's larger narrative around community building.
- Partner closely with research to develop and understand consumer segments and then drive a team of cross-functional stakeholders (including Product, Research, PR, Design, engineering, and more) to deliver world-class product marketing programs.
- Lead and collaborate with external creative agencies and/or internal creative partners to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets across multiple channels.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset, create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years professional experience in a corporate or startup environment
- 4+ years working in a Consumer Product Marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to support product launches)
- Experience partnering with and influencing Product Management, PR, executives
- Experience partnering with product & cross-functional teams to identify and bring to market solutions with consumer benefit
- Experience problem solving and tackling problems with a creative mindset, creating recommendations and driving the action plans for solving those problems
- Proven track record of grounding all consumer marketing in data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy
- Experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with online communities
- Experience bringing community-driven products to market
- Experience planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top