Product Marketing Manager, Consumer Ads
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a marketing leader who is a knowledgeable and passionate Consumer advocate and thought-leader. As member of the Consumer Product Marketing team, this individual will be the Consumer expert as part of a broader team focused on constantly improving the ads that people see and choices people have to improve their own experience on Facebook. We know bad ads aren't good for anyone and we're looking for the right Consumer Marketer to improve the experience people have with Ads. The ideal candidate has a relentless focus on brand reputation and understands the role Ads can play to positively or negatively impact how people feel about Facebook. This person understands the latest Ads trends, the different market dynamics, and most importantly how to positively impact Consumer sentiment and drive new behavior. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and developing and executing against global launch plans that bring relevant products to market. Excellent communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must. Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Participate in overall product narrative and 6-month marketing strategy and plan to achieve product goals.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem and advertising landscape internally and externally to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- Develop with analytics a robust testing agenda, measurement plan and review program results to ensure continued improvement of the existing marketing programs.
- Contribute to global market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering, with a focus on the intersection of Customer needs and adoption of Facebook's ads products.
- Influence product strategy and in-product communications through relevant consumer and product insights, driving alignment across teams when needed.
- Develop core product positioning and messaging for key products and features, considering value proposition, target audience, competitive landscape, and other factors.
- Create and execute the go-to-market plan, collaborating closely with Product Management, PR, Design, Data Science, Creative Agency and other cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy, including rollout sequencing, creative asset development, and communication goals to best drive awareness, engagement, and affinity.
- Help build and evolve product brand identity, identifying and supporting the delivery of impactful creative assets, including product websites, videos, brand campaigns, and more.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- 8+ years of experience in consumer marketing or related discipline.
- Experience in balancing between strategic thinking and hands-on execution.
- Demonstrated experience communicating large-scale concepts.
- Experience launching products with a lens towards Brand reputation and Consumer value with a data driven mindset.
- Experience developing marketing strategies and translate those strategies into plans.
- Quantitative analytical, and communication experience.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Creative, Social Sciences.
- Internet or technology industry experience.
- International experience.
- Copywriting experience.
Back to top