Product Marketing Manager, Community Video
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced product marketer to join our team and help build and empower community through video products. The successful candidate will drive market requirements into product planning to help inform the development of video creator-oriented products such as Live and Facebook for Creators.
This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with content producers (publishers and individual creators) as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by producer segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, being the â€voice of the publisherâ€ and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning.
The ideal candidate will have experience building, launching and scaling great community-oriented video products. He or she must thrive as a leader of cross-functional teams, exhibit strong analytical and communication skills and have a strong bias for action.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
- Drive product strategy bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Identify opportunities and represent voice of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate improvements
- Manage comprehensive, cross-functional activities including betas, positioning, policy and product documentation
- Partner effectively with Product Management and Marketing Communications teams to lead successful product marketing communications around test and launch phases and clearly communicate value propositions of new products to go-to-market teams
- 7+ years experience with 3+ years working in a product marketing, management consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements)
- BA/BS degree
- Media experience including understanding of web and mobile technologies impact on video distribution both in US and globally
- Experience working with video creators
- Quantitative analytical ability and communication skills
- Ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
Back to top