Product Marketing Manager, Commerce
(Menlo Park, CA – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a marketing leader who is a knowledgeable and passionate Consumer advocate and thought-leader. As a member of the Commerce team, this individual will focus on connecting people to discover products and services they care about.
The ideal candidate has a relentless focus on driving growth and bringing to market new ways to empower people and/or business around the world to buy and sell in a meaningful and value-add way to Consumers. This person understands the shopping trends, the different market dynamics, competitive landscape, and most importantly how to positively impact Consumer sentiment and drive new behavior. She or he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results and developing and executing against global launch plans that bring relevant products to market. Excellent analytical and communication skills and comfort with ambiguity are a must. This is a full-time, bi-coastal position based at Facebook headquarters in the Menlo Park or Seattle office.
- Develop overall communication strategy to successfully launch new products and growth Customer awareness and usage
- Lead the creative development of the marketing strategy, partnering with creative agencies, internal creative team, analytics and research teams. This includes developing positioning & narrative to consumers, advertisers and press
- Oversee the execution of the programs partnering with the marketing operations team to ensure smooth execution of marketing campaigns following high quality standards from a consumer relevancy and creative standpoint
- Develop with analytics a robust testing agenda, measurement plan and review program results to ensure continued improvement of the existing marketing programs
- Provide direction on and manage the cadence with which new products are positioned and brought to market.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader Facebook ecosystem, competitive landscape to develop strategic product feedback and positioning.
- Contribute to global market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering, with a focus on the intersection of Customer needs and adoption of Facebook’s Commerce products.
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan including positioning, policy, launch strategy, PR.
- Partner effectively with Product Management and other related product teams to lead world-class product marketing communications for Facebook’s commerce products.
- Drive product adoption and usage rates by delivering market facing programs and effective product launch support, globally.
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic thinking and hands on execution
- Product Marketing/CRM lifecycle marketing with a data driven mindset
- Experience in digital marketing with focus on in-product messaging and display advertising
- Understanding of the creative process. Experience in constructing strategy and creative briefs, providing feedback and delivering engaging creative with compelling stories
- Ability to develop marketing strategies and translate those strategies into actionable plans
- Experience with direct response marketing (strategic and executional)
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years professional experience in a corporate or startup environment
- 6+ years working in a Consumer Product Marketing capacity (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements and with relevant cross-functional partners to support product launches)
- Quantitative analytical ability and communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate concepts
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Experience in eCommerce space
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top