Product Marketing Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 is a new group at Facebook that brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Building 8 team will create breakthrough innovation at the intersection of ambitious science and an application that matters. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join the marketing team at Building 8. This person is an experienced marketer who has demonstrated experience driving execution of scalable marketing programs end-to-end. They will help establish Building 8 as a leading product team, bring specific products to market, and leverage opportunities to incorporate Building 8 into Facebook's company narrative. Excellent strategic and communication skills, experience managing the marketing communications process from start to finish, excitement for results-driven approaches, and comfort with ambiguity are critical. This person also has a deep understanding and passion for our company and consumer tech products. This individual will partner closely with the Building 8 engineering team, as well as other teams within Marketing and Communications. This is a full-time position based at Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage marketing programs from start-to-finish that establish Building 8 as a leading product team, bring specific products to market, and find opportunities to build the larger Facebook brand
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to develop joint strategies and plans, develop shared narratives, and coordinate key moments, positioning and campaigns
- Work with partner teams throughout Marketing to drive quantitative analysis, qualitative research and synthesis to understand and represent the sentiment of our global community
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to deliver amazingly effective creative inspiration & execution
- Design tests, measure impact and learn through a results-driven mindset
- Partner closely with many cross-functional teams within Marketing (research, analytics, creative, product marketing) and throughout the company (PR/communications, product) to drive execution of our brand objectives and activate the brand
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years professional experience in brand and/or product marketing in the consumer technology sector
- Experience managing the marketing communications process, from research and insight to execution and optimization in-market
- Ability to drive initiatives at both a strategic and executional level
- Quantitative analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Previous experience with consumer hardware
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top