Product Marketing Manager, Advertising Industry Standards
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Product Marketing Manager within the Measurement Product Marketing organization to focus on measurement standards and partnerships within the advertising industry. Consumer behavior on mobile is drastically changing due to changing engagement formats and platforms. As a result the advertising industry is tasked with changing definitions and standards to depict changes in consumer behavior. This results in evolving standards, but more importantly vision and partnership between Facebook and associations like the MRC and IAB into how viewability and engagement will be represented in future measurement products. This person will drive the inbound analysis and go-to-market strategy for these products. The successful candidate must have experience closely partnering with sales teams on successful product revenue or product adoption programs in a fast-paced Internet or online marketing company. This thought leader will also represent the full product roadmap and suite of product and solution offerings to senior-level external clients and partners in an effort to drive product understanding and adoption across the Facebook family of apps and services. Success in this position requires a strong understanding of the advertising market and specifically measurement and analytics. Knowledge of Facebook's advertising products, a focus on client service and the ability to successfully manage a large, distributed team in a cross-functional, dynamic environment are also important. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience influencing senior stakeholders in the organization, including product and sales leaders around the world. At the same time, this leader will need to be a strong, hands-on operational manager who is able execute against business objectives while growing and developing teams and individuals. This person must be flexible, a cross-functional team player comfortable with a fast-paced, often ambiguous, environment. This is a full-time position will be based in our Menlo Park office.
- Analyze markets, products, and competition for the purpose of shaping the product direction alongside Product Management, Engineering and Design Leadership
- Effectively communicate with Sales, Agency and Client Measurement leadership to distill and surface market feedback to product, engineering, and design teams for new and existing advertising products
- Partner with Sales and Client Measurement leadership to set product adoption goals, develop execution strategies, track and analyze performance, and drive adoption of our advertising solutions
- Partner with Marketing Communications team to develop and drive go-to-market strategies through various channels (including PR, events, speaking opportunities, digital, etc.)
- Ensure the right level of alignment, consistency and flexibility in approach across the regional team in an effort to scale impact while meeting market-specific needs
- 8+ years professional experience in digital technology, advertising or advertising technology
- Communication skills across technical, business, and external stakeholders
- Track record of influencing behavior at variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Customer service orientation and experience in a client-facing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution in the context of competing perspectives
- Organization and people skills and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Knowledge of advertising trade association standards around measurement, viewability, brand safety, etc.
- Experience building and launching measurement and analytics products, services, and standards
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top