Product Marketing Lead, Messenger Business and Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Messenger is one of the fastest growing apps in the world – over 1B people use it every month. Messenger offers a rich and expressive way to communicate with the people and businesses that matter to you. In addition to texting, you can make free voice and video calls, make payments, play games, send stickers & gifs and chat with groups. Messenger is also redefining the boundaries of messaging apps with novel visual messaging features, end-to-end encryption, a hugely popular bot platform, AI, and topic-based conversation spaces. As a team, we combine the best parts of working at a startup with global scale.
Messenger’s Business and Platform team focuses on the massive opportunity to power interactions between people and businesses through Messenger. With over 30,000 businesses with a Messenger bot, we’ve seen strong demand from businesses wanting to interact directly with their audiences in the Messenger experience. We’re looking for a proven B2B marketer to evangelize and scale Messenger’s platform to developers and businesses. And to help consumers engage and get the most value from these interactions. You’ll play a key role in Messenger’s Platform team. You’ll need to bring a passion for serving developers, a strong builder mindset, and a track record of leading initiatives that make an impact.
- Own and execute our marketing strategy and roadmap for Messenger’s business platform.
- Drive global product launches spanning both developer and consumer audiences. Includes driving audience insights, crafting product positioning, developing creative, and executing go-to-markets.
- Plan and lead successful outbound marketing campaigns that communicate the value of using Messenger to power interactions between consumers and businesses.
- Represent the voice of our developer audience to inform product strategy and go-to-market plans.
- Lead our content marketing efforts focused on education and adoption with developers. Includes managing developer blog sites, crafting success stories and ensuring consistent messaging across all our communication channels.
- Evangelize Messenger’s business platform at industry events including Facebook’s F8 Developer Conference.
- Engage and support our developer community leveraging scalable programs and tools.
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams spanning product, communications, monetization, partnerships, and legal.
- Manage relationships and initiatives with internal and external creative agencies to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets.
- Build and lead a team of product marketers spanning both business and consumer audiences.
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience in the technology industry.
- Experience in marketing to developer audiences.
- Experience managing global campaigns and product launches.
- Experience leveraging data to drive strategy.
- Experience leading content marketing and social media, including content strategy, production and distribution.
- Experience partnering with product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or other related discipline and/or MBA
- Experience marketing a platform-based business
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top