Product Marketing Lead, Device and OS Partnerships
Every month, more than 2 billion people around the world use the Facebook family of apps. It's important to us to provide everyone, regardless of where they are in the world, the same access to the best versions of our apps and the latest rich user experiences on current and future mobile devices.
We work with partners who preinstall Facebook apps to ensure that people get the best version of our apps for their device. Working with partners on preinstall programs helps us improve the compatibility of our apps with each device model. Differences in screen resolution, processors, available memory and new technical innovations can affect app performance and user experience. Optimizing apps for the device they'll run on means the apps will run faster and be less likely to crash.
In addition to providing benefits for people on new devices, our program also aims to ensure that our apps continue to work well on devices over time. For example, on Android phones, we support delivering notifications and app updates for our apps through preinstalled system apps. Working with device makers and mobile operators to optimize our apps so they work seamlessly out of the box and stay up to date is currently the best way for us to ensure that as many people as possible have access to the same experiences.
Facebook is seeking an individual to help build and scale our Device and Preinstall products and programs aimed at our Handset Manufacturer and Mobile Operator partners globally.
This position will be responsible for developing strategy with Product and Engineering teams and ensuring successful execution for multiple initiatives in this area, ranging from new product experiments to new partnership opportunities. At the go-to-market phase, this position is also responsible for developing a quantitative business case and articulating the value proposition through collateral while also leading the cross-functional go-to-market process which includes planning, prioritization and goals. The focus of this role will be driving the development of product strategy with the Product and Engineering teams based on quantitative analysis, industry research and partner insights. For products that reach substantial scale, this individual will collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand product success factors and develop playbooks for driving growth and partner adoption at scale.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, California.
PRODUCT MARKETING LEAD, DEVICE AND OS PARTNERSHIPS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive product strategy:
- Lead market assessment based on quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback and view of market
- Identify and evaluate long-term opportunities based on research, quantitative analysis, deep understanding of Facebook technologies and a strategic view of the industry and its business models
- Analyze product and partner performance, synthesize partner feedback and advocate feature improvements (including A/B testing to prove incremental impact)
- Lead Go-to-Market:
- Articulate and validate partner value proposition and establish quantitative business case (e.g. ROI/TCO/NPV)
- Develop go-to-market strategy (market prioritization, pipeline, goals)
- Create positioning and collateral (i.e. pitch, objection handling, case studies)
- Lead cross-functional execution and planning to support product launches and scaled adoption efforts globally
- Drive product growth and partner success:
- Develop product and partner growth playbook in partnership with product, data science and other teams (i.e. growth levers, tactics, prioritization, metrics)
- Manage experiments (i.e. define scope, roll-out strategy, recruit partners and support evaluation of results)
- Support partnership teams globally as a subject matter expert to enable partner success and best practices adoption
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 30% of the time with flexibility to work across time zones and influence remote teams
- Opportunity for developing, coaching and leading a small team of high-performing product marketing managers
- 9+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience working in a product marketing, product management, management consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering on strategy and go-to-market)
- Quantitative analytical experience (e.g. SQL) and experience in decision making with data sets and quantitative analysis or other data science training
- BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline
- Experience with influencing and developing strategic partnership products and programs at global scale
- Experience with global mobile handset (OEM) and mobile operator (MNO) ecosystems including understanding of industry value chain, business models and drivers, go-to-market strategies and key technologies
- Expertise in key technical, commercial, legal and strategic aspects of building and distributing apps for Android and iOS and KaiOS platforms
- Experience collaborating and leading cross-functionally with an ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Highly organized, resourceful and action-oriented individual with an ability to drive focus, clarity and prioritization in a fast-paced environment
- Communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Mandarin
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Director, Business & Ads Growth Product Marketing
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Director, Product Management, AR/VR Experiences
Menlo Park, CA
- Group Technical Program Manager - Developer and Release Efficiency (DARE)
Menlo Park, CA
- Product Manager
Menlo Park, CA
- Product Manager, Calibra
Menlo Park, CA
- Product Marketing Director, Transparency & Controls
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top