Product Marketing Analyst - Competitive Intelligence, Workplace
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Workplace by Facebook is a platform that enables employees at any organisation to collaborate and communicate using many of the same features available on Facebook. Launched in 2016, Workplace by Facebook's mission is to give the world a place to work together. Workplace is used by over 30,000 organisations worldwide to transform how they connect, collaborate and get things done. Workplace works for everyone from large organisations like Starbucks and Walmart to start-ups with just a handful of people. To help with the ongoing growth of the Workplace business, we are seeking a world-class Product Marketing Manager for Competitive Intelligence who is passionate about Workplace by Facebook and the role that a connected workforce can play in improving the productivity of an organisation.
The enterprise communication, collaboration and productivity industries are highly competitive. Anticipating and responding quickly to market trends, opportunities and threats is critical to Workplace's long-term success. Your mission will be to form a deep perspective on the changing market conditions, influence strategic decisions, inform marketing activities and enable the sales team to win new customers. You'll work closely with the Workplace Leadership Team, Product, Marketing, Sales and other Product Marketing Managers.
This is a brand new role, in a new team. You'll need to be a self-starter and excited about bringing a competitive mindset to the Workplace business. The role will require extensive global research, market analysis and excellent communication skills. Past experience as an industry or equity analyst is the ideal background for this role. Experience working in or analysing an enterprise SaaS industry would be incredibly advantageous.
This is a full time position based in our London, UK location.
- Plan and conduct in-depth industry and competitive analysis to enable Workplace to build a sustainable competitive advantage
- Build Workplace's first programmatic set of analytical tools, including: SWOT/TOWS analysis, benchmarking, competitor tracking, win/loss reports etc.
- Partner with the Research team to run customer research to understand opportunities and threats.
- Leverage complex data-sets and large amounts information to form a deep perspective on the industry and Workplace's competitive landscape.
- Communicate detailed competitive intelligence insights to cross-functional teams and the Workplace Leadership Team through quarterly reports, presentations, Q&A sessions etc.
- Influence strategic decision making with key insights that shape Workplace's competitive advantage.
- Partner with Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers to make product recommendations based on competitive and market insights.
- Partner with Marketing to inform all outbound marketing activities with competitive insights to better communicate Workplace's value proposition.
- Partner with Sales Operations to conduct and analyze win/loss interviews and reports to understand why customers do / do not choose Workplace.
- Create sales training and collateral for global teams to improve competitive knowledge, objection handling and win rates.
- Be the Workplace subject matter expert and trusted advisor for competitive intelligence globally.
- Build a strong competitive mindset across the entire Workplace team.
- Set out, abide by and enforce a clear set of competitive intelligence ethics for Workplace.
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- -Medical Benefits
- -Dental Benefits
- -Vision Benefits
- -Pension Benefits
- -Life Assurance
- -Childcare Benefits
- -Gym Benefits
- -Transport benefits
- -Laundry Benefit
- -Posted date: 31 Aug 2018
- -Closing date: 28 Sept 2018
- A strong understanding of the enterprise SaaS communication, collaboration and productivity industries, including recent experience.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, communication skills across teams types, seniority levels and across mediums
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex, large-scale concepts and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated comfort with the ambiguous and fast moving organizations
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
Back to top