Product Manager - VR Systems
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
Along with innovation in VR hardware, we are constantly innovating in VR software as well. We are constantly exploring new use cases, and aspire for VR devices to excel at more of the tasks that people expect from modern computing devices. In this role, you will help deliver the platform that brings new use cases to life. You will work on creating platforms for new types of apps, as well as ways to bring existing well-known apps to our VR platform. You will create requirements, solicit feedback (internally and externally), and drive trade-offs in execution to bring these new concepts to life. To succeed, you will build great partnerships with product managers responsible for user experience, as well as researchers, prototypers, designers, engineers and TPMs.
The ideal candidate has experience working on hardware/software SDKs and developer platforms, strong cross-functional communication skills, experience and passion for working with third party developers, and a passion for virtual reality. Experience developing consumer hardware, developer platforms, and app frameworks are a major plus.
- Drive roadmap and priorities for new use cases on Oculus VR devices
- Spend time with Oculus engineers (internal and external) to understand their needs, business, and requests
- Create and maintain strong cross-functional ties to engineering, design, research, and developer relations
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience on software platforms
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, and 2+ years as a software engineer
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 hardware/software product
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience
- Experience working on a successful developer platform
- Experience working on developer-focused SDKs, APIs, services, and toolchains
- Experience working on application compatibility or virtualization
- Experience delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
- Experience working in consumer devices
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
Back to top