Product Manager, VR
(London, United Kingdom)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Virtual Reality hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Oculus London is our core development center for social experiences in VR, building exciting new experiences like Oculus Rooms and Oculus Venues. As a product manager for Social VR at Oculus London, you'll lead development of some of our core experiences. Your day to day will involve working with engineers, designers, user researchers, artists, prototypers, and others across the company to explore, define, ship, and iterate on amazing social experiences. You'll define product requirements and user flows, coordinate resources from other groups, and guide the team through key milestones. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for 3D user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric applications or games.
- Design, manage, and execute on the vision for key Oculus software products and services across multiple platforms.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Gather product requirements, user flows, and documentation for projects in development.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- Education and/or background in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer software product, game, service or application from start to finish.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Highly detailed oriented with excellent organization skills while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top