Product Manager (Social VR) Play and Identity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As a Product Manager on the Play and Identity team you will drive the creation of fun and interesting VR activities that encourage play and creativity between friends. You will also be responsible for how people represent and express themselves in VR. Your day to day will involve working with engineers and artists to define, prototype, playtest, and ship experiences in Spaces. Ideally, you have worked extensively as a game designer and shipped popular board games or video games and cares deeply about how people interact with each other and play together.This team is part of the Social VR group in Facebook which is focused on building people-first VR experiences. We believe that Virtual Reality will help define the future of online interaction and we can't build that future without you.
- Help craft the Spaces experience and make sure every aspect is fun and charming
- Develop and execute on a vision for how people create, play, and express themselves in Virtual Reality
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Engage with Facebook teams to understand and utilize FB graph and features within Spaces
- 5+ years game design experience
- Lead design role experience on games or game systems
- Communication and ability to drive consensus
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Experience building multiplayer games and systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top