Product Manager, Portal
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale that define new categories and advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team applies breakthrough development processes at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. The Product Management Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Product Manager with the creativity, technical expertise and business acumen to help create new ground-breaking products. We are looking for someone who has a track record of bringing order out of chaos, who will seamlessly collaborate with teams in software engineering, UX design, go-to-market, product marketing and finance to drive a robust product management process from discovery to development to launch. Through your leadership, you will develop thoughtful, customer-focused and innovative solutions to complex problems inspiring stakeholders and supporting a robust product strategy. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Deliver product value proposition, key features and positioning
- Use market research and in-depth knowledge of competitors and user pain points to define a vision, strategy and roadmap for system software
- Create product requirements documents (PRD) including definition of use cases, user experience and feature specifications to detail how products and product features should be built
- Comprehend complex hardware and software technology roadmaps and use that understanding to inform software roadmap recommendations
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with internal and external partners and business teams in order to collaborate on product software development and business processes
- Engage partners including design and software engineering teams to provide product definition and context to support an effective agile development process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Software product management experience
- Knowledge of software development practices and experience crafting epics and user stories
- Experience closing opportunities within a technical environment
- Track record defining and delivering innovative software products running on first of its kind consumer hardware
- Experience developing operating systems or complex software platforms
- Experience designing user interfaces and performing user research
- Familiarity with business issues and the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top