Product Manager (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Product Manager at Oculus, you'll lead development of next generation of virtual reality products. You'll work closely with our hardware teams to define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric hardware products.
- Design, manage, and execute on the vision for key Oculus hardware products and supporting software services across multiple platforms.
- Work with 3rd party partners (OEM, JDM, CM) to accelerate programs and deliver products at scale.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Gather product requirements, and document them accordingly for projects in development.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Help guide the go-to-market and maintenance plans through product launch and beyond.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience making hardware products.
- Experience in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer hardware product.
- Organization experience and experience managing multiple ongoing projects.
Back to top