Product Manager, Network and Telecoms Enterprise Systems (Facebook Connectivity)
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Connectivity team works with mobile operators to bring more people online both by making mobile data affordable and attractive and by innovating hardware and software solutions for industry which lower total cost of ownership and operations. Across a wide range of connectivity-related domains, we build technology which improves the efficiency and profitability of operating mobile and traditional telecoms networks in emerging markets. You will be responsible for defining products and programs which support operations of large scale networks including access networks, backhaul, and backbone/wholesale networks, with an emphasis on building tools and enterprise applications which support novel business structures and shared infrastructure. Additionally, you will structure requirements and standards for the network layer of our Wi-Fi products (including Express Wi-Fi) and for OEM manufacturer compatibility with our platforms. You will help envision and build the next generation of products deployed in partnership with operators, many in developing markets, and in doing so, will be one of the key people in bringing hundreds of millions of people online and to a faster Internet. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, structured, and possesses a mix of strong product sense, business acumen, and subject matter expertise with network operations, including access, backhaul and Wi-Fi. This position is full-time, based in our Tel Aviv, Israel office and will require periodic international travel.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative software products for Connectivity programs, such as Express Wi-Fi
- Be able to work across teams, manage expectations and execute on clear timelines.
- Lead and drive products within the context of a broader product goals, strategy and roadmap.
- Incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product requirements.
- Enthusiastic and resilient in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Understand Facebook's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission and recognized best in the industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent technical work experience (e.g. software engineer, network engineer etc.).
- Experience in network or operations at a mobile network operator or at an equipment or services supplier to mobile network operators (MNOs) or Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Technical knowledge of access, backhaul, and backbone networks and their typical deployment architectures and challenges.
- Building and shipping applications or software of features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience within a well-scoped domain.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both in English and Hebrew.
- Experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues.
- Advanced degree or executive product management experience.
- Exposure to A/A/A schemes, including RADIUS, 802.1X, etc., and carrier-grade Wi-Fi technologies such as EAP-SIM and EAP-TTLS.
- Start-up environment experience.
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
Back to top