Product Manager, Integrity (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping prevent real-world harm on WhatsApp and helping keep bad actors and behaviors off our platform. WhatsApp combats these problems in the context of a private end-to-end encrypted system, which requires flexibility and creative approaches to detection and mitigation. You will be working closely with our teams of engineers, data scientists, trust and safety teams and designers to build products, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality and attention to detail.
This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
- Understanding the different problems and prioritizing between them
- Identifying opportunities that will reduce the prevalence of abuse
- Building systems to proactively detect, mitigate, and help people report these issues
- Helping build tools used by community operations to investigate potential abuse
- Building end-to-end flows for handling abuse including working with law enforcement
- Helping to define policies for areas of abuse working cross-functionally with a variety of teams
- Interfacing cross-functionally to explain and evangelize the team's work
- 5+ years product management experience
- Communication and presentation experience
- Organizational and analytical experience
- Knowledge of the technical architecture of scalable web applications and/or media products
- Experience designing user interfaces â€" experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Experience working on abuse problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Passionate about [preventing] abuse, can rally groups with strong conflicting views and execute well
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top