Product Manager, Hardware (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As a Product Manager at Oculus, you'll lead development of next generation hardware designed for virtual reality. You'll work closely with our hardware teams to define product requirements, coordinate resources from other groups (design, legal, etc.), and guide the team through key milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric hardware products.
- Design, manage, and execute on the vision for key Oculus hardware products and supporting software services across multiple platforms.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Gather product requirements, and document them accordingly for projects in development.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience making hardware products.
- Education and/or background in software/hardware engineering.
- Experience managing delivery of at least 1 consumer hardware product.
- Highly detailed oriented with organization skills while managing multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top