Product Manager (Express Wifi)
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
The mission of Internet.org is to bring Internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected. With Express Wi-Fi, we’re working with carriers, internet service providers, and local entrepreneurs to help expand connectivity to underserved locations around the world. We’re currently live in India, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, and Indonesia, and will be expanding elsewhere in Africa as well as in Asia Pacific and Latin America soon.
Facebook Product Managers work with teams of engineers, designers and product analysts to build products. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. As a Product Manager on the Express Wi-Fi team, you will be a key player in the process of defining, designing and executing the network, protocol, and hardware-facing aspects of the Express Wi-Fi technology stack. You will focus first on developing requirements and standards for Access Point and Wireless Access Controller compatibility with the Express Wi-Fi platform. With our engineering team in Tel Aviv and much of the Product Management team in Menlo Park, California, your role will also be critical to maintaining collaboration and clear communications between global offices and across all aspects of the Express Wi-Fi program.
This position is full-time and based in our Tel Aviv office, travel to Facebook Headquarters in the US and to installations in the field will be required, but < 25% of time.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products, primarily of network- and Wi-Fi hardware and management tools
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate vendor and partner market studies, usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Facebook’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Contribute to the overall maturity of deployment and other processes.
- 5+ years product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Technical knowledge of network architecture, OSI network model, TCP/IP, Wi-Fi
- Technical knowledge of A/A/A schemes, including RADIUS, 802.1X, etc., and carrier-grade Wi-Fi technologies such as EAP-SIM and EAP-TTLS.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Experience developing network-focused platforms, management tools, or hardware products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Languages: English, Hebrew at full working proficiency, fluency desired.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top