Product Manager, Coretech (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of VR and AR systems. Come work alongside expert engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
As a Product Manager in the Oculus Core Tech team, you will lead experiences and technology roadmap definition and will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff in hardware and software engineering, product, design, user research and many others, to conceive, design and ultimately create new disruptive solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced, open collaborative peer environment.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, research and enable next-generation technologies for state of the art VR experiences.
- Use market and user research and in-depth knowledge user needs, pain points and competitors to define a vision and strategy for the technology roadmap.
- Deliver technology value proposition, key features, and competitive positioning.
- Creatively work with Core Tech's concept engineering team for technology proof of concepts to advance validation of value proposition and implementation.
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and user research teams among others.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a technical discipline
- 5+ years' product management experience
- Hardware product management experience, spanning from initial concept exploration and prototyping to market introduction for products that span hardware and software
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- Track record developing nascent consumer hardware and software technologies into successful mass-market consumer products
- Experience delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
Back to top