Product Manager, Core Systems
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Core Systems team builds and operates Facebook's private cloud infrastructure, which is one of the largest cloud systems in the world, and tackles a wide range of problems like service discovery, cluster management, configuration management, deployment, disaster recovery, performance, data center management, and several others. You will be responsible for creating product vision and strategy for significant parts of Facebook's private cloud infrastructure, with a focus on tooling for Facebook's data center operations. You will need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the data center lifecycle from Planning, Design, Build to Operations across Compute/Storage, Facility and Network and their interdependencies. You will work with a cross-functional team to help create the next generation of data center-focused products at Facebook, with a strong customer-driven mentality - thinking about how our data center teams run their operations and what might they need in the future to support the ongoing scaling demands of Facebook's operations.
- Drive product vision and direction for our data center tooling, exhibiting strong strategy, execution, design, and analytics skills
- Build relationships across Facebook engineering teams and our data center operations organization to understand gaps with existing products and services
- Execute user sentiment analysis and user studies
- Own and create comprehensive product specifications
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration and support
- Develop product metrics to foster a culture of data-driven decision making
- 5+ years experience in product management
- 3+ years experience building, delivering, and supporting data center automation, services, and tools
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design
- Experience working with senior leaders to drive business decisions
Back to top