Product Manager - Consumer Hardware (Facebook Reality Labs)
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs hardware teams at Facebook build our VR, AR, and Portal devices. The potential of these products to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Come work alongside the team to ship emerging technologies like AR, VR and smart homes to hundreds of millions, driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to deliver social presence.As a Product Manager focused on hardware, you'll lead development of new hardware, hardware changes, strategic expansion initiatives, key new use cases, and guidance of the team through key program milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric hardware products.
- Own development of new and in-market hardware products.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Manage hardware tradeoffs, spanning compute, battery, ergonomics, audio, displays, and optics.
- Partner with software and experience teams to deliver on key use cases.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Collaborate with other teams inside Facebook to drive innovative changes.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience on hardware platforms
- Experience managing delivery of 1 or more hardware/software products
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent knowledge
- Experience working in consumer devices
- Experience working in the gaming industry
- Experience delivering products with new technology introduction
Back to top