Product Manager - Consumer Hardware
The AR/VR hardware teams at Facebook build our VR, AR, and Portal devices. The potential of these products to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Come work alongside the team to ship emerging technologies like AR, VR and smart homes to hundreds of millions, driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to deliver social presence.
As a Product Manager focused on hardware, you'll lead development of new hardware, hardware changes, strategic expansion initiatives, key new use cases, and guidance of the team through key program milestones. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators, including adhering to a build schedule. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building complex, user-centric hardware products.
PRODUCT MANAGER - CONSUMER HARDWARE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own development of new and in-market hardware products.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Manage hardware tradeoffs, spanning compute, battery, ergonomics, audio, displays, and optics.
- Partner with software and experience teams to deliver on key use cases.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Collaborate with other teams inside Facebook to drive innovative changes.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience on hardware platforms
- Experience managing delivery of 1 or more hardware/software products
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent knowledge
- Experience working in consumer devices
- Experience working in the gaming industry
- Experience delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Audio Experiences Prototyper, Facebook Reality Labs
Redmond, WA + 1 More
- Communications Manager, AR/VR
Redmond, WA + 2 More
- Global Industrial Hygiene Program Manager
Redmond, WA + 2 More
- Product Management Lead, Enterprise AR/VR
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Product Manager - Consumer Software (AR/VR)
Los Angeles, CA + 2 More
- Product Manager - Platform (AR/VR)
Los Angeles, CA + 3 More
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top