Product Manager - Camera Graphics
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Responsible for driving strategy and execution for our augmented reality 3D rendering and audio engine. Our cross-platform engine runs across the Facebook family of apps (FB, IG, Messenger, and more) and is used to render 3D content in the Cameras, News Feed and many other surfaces. Candidate will have a background in a graphics related field. Role requires interfacing with partner teams across the company and the AR Studio team who build our desktop AR creation tool. Role includes collecting requirements from first and third parties, driving the roadmap for new graphics features (e.g. advanced shaders, lighting, animations) and audio features (e.g. mixing, DSP) all while ensuring that the cross platform engine continues to be performant and render consistently across the widest array of devices in the industry. Facebook Product Managers work with teams of engineers and designers to build products. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. This position is full time and based at our London office.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of 30+ world-class engineers and designers
- Manage and grow a team of product managers, while also expanding existing product workstreams
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Coordinate and scale cross-functional efforts across the globe
- Understand Facebook's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognised best in the industry
- Maximise efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Lead London site building initiatives, working with other senior staff and EMEA tech industry leaders
- 5+ years product management experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications and/or media products
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces - ability to create examples through wire frames and mock ups
- Experience developing social products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- A background in AR, 3D graphics, or computer vision techniques is strongly preferred, but not required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top