Product Manager - AI Applied Research
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
With over 2.1 billion people, our community is growing rapidly, and at this scale we cannot fulfill our mission without cutting edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) systems that operate at unprecedented scale. At Facebook AI, our mission is to bring the world closer together by advancing AI. We envision solutions to the companies problems that are only solvable with advancements in AI, invent the technology needed, and then work with product teams across Facebook, Inc. to apply that technology and make the future we envisioned a reality. PMs in Facebook AI should be passionate about working with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, designers, and data scientists to drive the next set of AI breakthroughs that will make people's lives better. They should also be excited by the opportunity to work collaboratively and by having impact on not just one area, but a broad portfolio that spans across all of Facebook, Inc. If this sounds exciting, we want to talk to you.
- Display strong leadership, organizational and execution skills.
- Leads and motivates a team of engineers and other cross-functional representatives, and maintains team health.
- Lead and drive AI products within the context of a broader product goals, strategy and roadmap.
- Ability to incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
- Ship new AI technologies, services, and platforms for areas such as computer vision, NLP, speech/audio, and personalization that operate at Facebook scale.
- Work collaboratively with Facebook's core product teams to apply AI using these new services to solve some of the company's hardest problems, such as removing hate speech and misinformation from our platform, showing people the most relevant content on Facebook and Instagram, and powering new product experiences on Facebook's latest devices like Portal and Oculus.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- 5+ years product management or related industry experience.
- Experience driving projects with cross-functional colleagues.
- Experience applying machine learning (ML) technologies such as computer vision, NLP, speech/audio, or personalization to build new product experiences.
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team including researchers, data analytics, user research, and design on R&D projects.
- BA/BS in relevant field.
- Experience building new AI/ML technologies.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top