(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The mission of the Media Team is to help people connect to the content and creators that inform and entertain them best. In support of this mission, the mission of the Rights Management team is help creators protect their content and incentivize them to allow people to re-use it in their own videos on Facebook.As the Product Manager on the Rights Management team, you will lead the strategy and execution of Rights Manager, Facebook’s rights management platform for creators to manage copyrighted music and videos. You will work cross functionally with multiple teams across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger to drive the vision forward. You will use data and research to identify opportunities and build consensus on roadmaps and product requirements. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, proactive individual who can effectively lead and motivate a large cross-functional team independently. Must have previous experience in music and video rights management and copyright protection. This position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park office.
- Establish shared vision across the company
- Lead product decisions, prioritization, and execution
- Understand Facebook’s strategic and competitive position vs. industry competitors
- Own the mission, strategy, goals, and metrics to measure those goals
- 5+ years product management experience in the content and/or creator space
- 5+ years experience guiding product discussions through wire frames and mock ups
- Understanding of music and video rights and copyright law
- Familiarity with YouTube’s Content ID
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top