Product Management Lead, Stories Consumption & Interfaces
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
More and more people are turning to Stories to share on Facebook. We expect 1 billion people will use Stories every day in 2021. In some markets, Stories is already the primary way for people to post original content on Facebook. We expect this trend to expand globally in the coming months.
The Stories Consumption & Interfaces team's mission is that everyone on Facebook comes to Stories to experience and join in on the everyday moments of their friends' lives, no matter what platform or device they are using. The team includes 3 key areas of the FB Stories experience:
Stories Consumption: Responsible for making Stories easy and delightful to discover, understand, and engage with on Facebook, including building out a dedicated surface for Stories in the FB App.
Stories Interfaces: Responsible for building the Stories experience on FB Lite, www, and other emerging interfaces, including custom features that meet the unique needs of people on these interfaces.
Collaborative Stories: Responsible for building a new Story type that lets people come together to tell shared Stories on FB Stories. This is a 0→1 product area that is a high priority for the team, because of the huge potential this area has in generating unique, engaging Stories content and helping people tell Stories in new ways.
All 3 of these areas are critical to the success of Stories on FB, which is in turn critical to the FB App's ability to maintain its position as a place for sharing with friends and family. By leading our work in this area, you'll be contributing directly to growing the very top of funnel for FB Stories, which directly impacts the success of the whole Stories ecosystem. You'll have the chance to lead execution on several high-priority areas, while also shaping the long-term strategy for FB Stories.
We are looking for a proven Product Management Lead, with experience leading consumer product work at scale and building and supporting teams.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Facebook's strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 8+ years of experience in technical architecture of web applications and/or media products
- 8+ years experience designing user interfaces
- 8+ years experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- 8+ years of experience taking a web product idea from concept through launch
- 8+ years experience in product management or product design
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Back to top