Product Management Lead, Instagram Graph
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Instagram is a fast growing app of over 1 Billion monthly active users who use Instagram to deeply connect to the people and things they love. The Instagram Growth team leads the growth of the global Instagram Community. Within Instagram Growth, the Graph pillar's mission is to help every person connect to their friends so they find value in Instagram every day. We're looking for a Product Management Leader to craft the Graph pillar's product vision and strategy and manage the Graph pillar Product Management team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building strong product strategies, who can build strong cross-functional partnerships, and who has deep experience with applying Machine Learning in the consumer product space. There are three teams within the Graph pillar: the Graph Product team, the Graph Ranking team, and Graph Ranking Services. The Graph Product Team helps people connect with the people and things they love via experiences on the iOS and Android apps. The Graph Ranking Team leverages Machine Learning and Ranking to help people connect with the people and things they love on Instagram. The Graph Ranking Services team builds out the underlying platforms that power Instagram's friend recommendations.Instagram Growth overall is comprised of fast-moving, data informed teams that ship every week. You'll be expected to make data driven decisions that drive MAP and a high-quality user experience. The ideal Instagram Growth Product Manager has very strong execution and experimentation skills, wants to drive a challenging and undefined strategic area, and is passionate about using data to discover new opportunities to improve Instagram for people all over the world. It will require you to work closely with Engineering, Data Science, Growth Marketing, Research, Content Strategy, and other cross-functional partners to create a long-term connections strategy that drives immediate impact. In the course of doing this, you'll be challenged as you learn frameworks to think about growth products, how to break down problems, how to use data effectively to maximize impact, and how to grow an app.
- Manage a set of Product teams and lead the ideation, technical development and launch of the solutions aimed at driving industry value and revenue
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
- Establish a shared vision across the team by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers, designers, data scientists and user researchers
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- 8+ years of experience in technical architecture of web applications and/or media products
- 8+ years experience designing user interfaces
- 8+ years experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- 8+ years of experience taking a web product idea from concept through launch
- 8+ years experience in product management or product design
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
Back to top