Product Lifecycle Configuration Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
The PLM Configuration Manager will work with Facebook's supply chain, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, and logistics teams to support Design, NPI, Mass Production operations and strategy. The Configuration Manger will liaise with FB internal customers and external suppliers to create and manage product configuration rules set as well as new FB business strategies. Product coverage includes Servers, Storage, Network and Data Center facilities as well as FB Connectivity Labs. The Configuration Manager will provide SME input and or lead transformation programs to ensure we can scale over the next 3 to 5 years.
- Hands on work creating and managing configuration rules and BOM structure standards
- Strategy and process improvement across the PLM and supply chain and product lifecycle process
- Become Agile super users and business administrator working closely with IT partners
- Participation in cross-functional projects with shifting priorities within critical due dates
- Support or drive PLM transformation programs
- Work closely with team manager to develop operations management strategy and functional roadmap
- 8+ years of experience with PLM/PDM tools.
- Technical knowledge of NPI and Mass Production product structure management processes.
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams on division wide initiatives and process improvement opportunities.
- Written and presentation skills.
- Experience using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Products knowledge in servers, storage, networking, and/or consumer goods.
- Direct experience with Agile or similar solutions
- Experience working with ODMs and factories in Asia
- Past team management experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top