Product Experience Analyst
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Product Experience Analytics Team is responsible for advancing Facebook's advertising business by identifying and collaborating with the product team to implement opportunities that improve the quality of existing and future products. With deep analytics expertise and understanding of the product health and the customer experience, the Product Experience Analytics Team partners with the product team (consists of Engineering, Product Management, Research, Design, etc.) to ensure we launch high quality and reliable products to the market. They reinforce that expertise by becoming fluent in the data around Facebook ads and developing a well-rounded knowledge of ad products and the ecosystem as a whole. Utilizing that critical expertise, we keep the customer experience at the center of our focus.
Product Experience Analysts are highly analytical, data driven, and scrappy- not only identifying impactful changes Facebook should make but also driving the implementation of changes based on those insights. PXAs thrive in ambiguity and are capable of turning data into convincing stories that influence product teams to prioritize quality in the product. Those who join our team are very passionate about improving experiences for others and are strong advocates for the customers building their business on our platform. We need strong analytically capable influencers who can align cross-functional partners around creating the best possible experience for our customers. The Product Experience Analytics team, is highly cross-functional, working across all teams that make up a Product Team to provide data-driven insights that help define our business strategy, product vision, and roadmap.
Facebook is reshaping the world of advertising and the Product Experience Analytics team will play a central role in determining how successful and sustainable we can be.
If you are passionate about Facebook, interested in advertising, intellectually curious, a fast learner, clever thinker, and have exceptional communication skills, keep reading!
This is a full-time position and is located in Menlo Park, CA and Seattle, WA.
- Explore customer experience and product performance data, develop goals and tracking metrics, and ensure product priorities are data-driven and accommodate short-term and long-term goals
- Develop deep analytical insights around ads product use, stability, performance, and the customer experience across a variety of data sets and platforms
- Build strategic relationships and manage communication and alignment across multiple partner teams:
- Partner with Research, Sales Support, and Marketing teams to identify opportunities to improve our products based on customer feedback and help quantify the impact of their qualitative insights
- Partner with Engineering, Design, and Product Management to implement changes in existing products that positively impact the customer experience and drive new Facebook products that are high quality and low risk
- Instill a focus on quality in the product culture by creating objective data driven stories that influence and convince product teams to prioritize quality projects
- Inform, influence, and execute new quality initiatives that are data driven and meaningfully shift core metrics in the positive direction
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years post-collegiate work experience doing quantitative analysis or Master or PhD with 2+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis
- 2+ years SQL experience
- 1+ years of experience in Python, R, Perl or other scripting language
- Knowledge of statistics and mathematical concepts
- 1+ years of experience in Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, or other data visualization tools
- Analytical experience, with experience building product intuition, solving problems using data and providing business insights
- Experience creating and telling stories from data
- Experience constructing interpersonal relationships across teams, communicate technical content and analytical insights to multiple audiences
- Experience driving change through influence, and collaborating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Work experience in tech, finance, consulting or related industry
- Degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other tech or math related fields
- Internet advertising experience
- Experience at a software technology company
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads products
Back to top