Product Development Specialist, Community Operations University Grad
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Product Development Specialist to join the Product Operations team. The Product Operations team fuels product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the user. As a Product Development Specialist, you will be responsible for investigating and communicating the quality and stability of Facebook's products as reported by internal stakeholders. This will include managing a small contractor team in remote locations that assist in daily task analysis. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of contractor hiring, on-boarding, ongoing training and performance. In addition, you will use your experience to partner with engineering teams focused on making our investment in building high-quality products more efficient. Some business travel is required (less than 20%) to train contractors.
The position is full-time and is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Become an expert in the health and quality of Facebook products
- Manage a remote, small contractor team to complete daily workflows
- Investigate and triage internal reports of quality and stability issues
- Develop and communicate compelling analyses and recommendations over aggregate trends from internal feedback
- Inform and deliver new strategies and tactics for delivering high-quality products to end users at scale
- Collaborate with other Product Specialists and Engineering partners to implement process and tool improvements
- Maintain training and process documentation for product specific knowledge areas
- BA/BS Degree, degree obtained by August 2019
- Experience analyzing and solving problems
- Communication experience especially around communicating team impact
- Experience with Excel
- Must obtain work authorization in the United States at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience interfacing with technologies used to build web and native applications
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to prioritize among conflicting demands
Back to top