Product Development Manager – Optical System
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are currently seeking experienced manager to lead and grow team of scientists and engineers working on advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. This is a full-time position and requires masters level degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and experience in development and validation of complex optical systems. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Own the end-to-end product development cycle of the product with excellent and timely technical execution.
- Partner with the Research Manager in moving technologies developed in the lab to incorporate into the product.
- Build and manage the team to deliver on the roadmap.
- Build engineering capabilities and processes for the design, development, debugging, and testing of the optical systems.
- Collaborate across multiple internal teams on definition and execution of product development roadmap, including program managers, system engineers, product managers, and manufacturing.
- Inspire, lead, coach a team of product development engineers and scientists.
- 5+ years of experience in optical sciences or engineering in product development.
- Demonstrated track record in taking product from technology to production.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience with optical systems design, custom materials, electronics, testing, characterization, and manufacturing technologies.
- Knowledge of opto-mechatronics technologies including materials properties, visual optical performance, and electronic controls.
- Knowledge in designed experiments, data management, and related statistical data analysis methods.
- Communication, leadership, and team collaboration experience.
- Experience with New Product Introduction (NPI).
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences or Physics or related field with experience in research and development of advanced optics, materials science, or photonic systems.
- Experience solving technical problems.
- Experience with physics, mechanical, optical and/or electrical modeling tools.
- Experience in one or more of the following optical technologies: eye tracking, nano-optics, nano-fabrication, waveguides, liquid crystals, accommodation, freeform optics, lasers, uleds, diffractive optics, mems imaging.
Back to top