Product Designer (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will use your start-up mindset and your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to produce elegantly simple designs. You'll be expected to push the boundaries of what's possible in a mobile app, while sharing in our healthy obsession for quality.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 1 billion plus users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for our supported mobile platforms
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Partner with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception until launch (and then some)
- You can think at a high level about creative strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- 4+ years of experience in designing, building and shipping quality mobile apps across a variety of platforms and form factors
- 3+ years of experience in interaction and visual design
- 1+ years of experience in prototyping (using Framer, Pixate, etc.) and motion design
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- Experience in motion design
- Ability to adapt your designs across platforms and form factors with an understanding of the opportunities with and limitations of different platforms and form factors
- Demonstrated communication skills and you can articulate your design decisions
Back to top