Product Designer, University Grad
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Seattle, WA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Come be part of a talented team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's 1 billion users. As a Product Design, University Grad you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of News Feed to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Facebook product.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
- Experience in web and mobile application design
- Previous design internship experience
- BA/BS degree in design related program or equivalent field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top