Product Designer - Portal
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Portal is building a platform for the home that strengthens people's most meaningful relationships through high quality video calling, entertaining AR experiences, a high resolution photo display, and voice-controlled assistants. Our portfolio of products, which includes Portal, Portal Mini, Portal+, and Portal TV, have been successful in helping people form deeper connections. We are continuing to shape the future of connection by scaling Portal to reach more people around the world.Facebook's Portal team is looking for a Product Designer to join a team that is chartered with concepting, building and shipping category defining experiences that empower users to stay more connected with the people they care about. They partner with multiple teams and work across a variety of touchpoints (Core UX, Assistant Experiences, Applications) to craft thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that add real value to people's lives.We're looking for a designer who isn't afraid to jump in and explore new challenges. You have a balance of interaction design, visual design, and product thinking skills. You are customer obsessed and research driven. You're a natural collaborator and can work independently and in a team environment.
- Work collaboratively with Product, Research and Engineering partners from concept to completion
- Own the end-to-end design (interaction, visual, etc.) across multiple features and projects
- Present designs, prototypes and concepts to cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Provide implementation guidance to engineers and ensure features launch at the highest quality bar
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Product or Interaction Designer
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of visual and interaction design skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience designing for hardware products (TV, smart displays, etc.) and new interaction models
Back to top