Product Designer, Intern/Co-op
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Come be part of a talented team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's 2 billion plus users. As a Product Design Intern, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of News Feed to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Facebook product.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion plus users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Link to portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (what we build, not just how it looks)
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top