Product Designer - Instagram
Over a billion people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's billion users. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Instagram product. This position is full-time, based in our New York office.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion+ users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- Experience communicating and storytelling across multiple audiences
- Experience with front-end programming
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision experience
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Experience in URL featuring examples of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- 2+ years of experience in application design
- 2+ years of experience in visual design
- 2+ years of experience in interaction design
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top