Product Designer, Facebook Reality Labs
- Flexible / Remote
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Join a team of designers, content strategists and researchers who are passionate about building the next personal computing platform that puts people at the center and enables them to be more present and more connected with people they care most about. Facebook's new devices team is looking for a Product Designer to join the Experiences or Platform pillars.
You'll partner with multiple teams around the company and work across a variety of touchpoints (Assistant, Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram) to craft thoughtful experiences that add real value to people's lives. You'll be responsible for defining, designing, researching, prototyping, and implementing new features as well as future iterations.
We're looking for a designer who isn't afraid to jump in and explore new challenges. You have a balance of interaction design, visual design, and product thinking skills. You are customer obsessed and research driven. You're a natural collaborator and can work independently and in a team environment.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for people using our products
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Work collaboratively with Product, Research and Engineering partners from concept through completion and future iterations
- Own the end-to-end design (interaction, visual, etc.) across multiple features and projects
- Present designs, prototypes and concepts to cross functional partners and stakeholders
- Provide implementation guidance to engineers and ensure features launch at the highest quality
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Product or Interaction Designer
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of visual and interaction design skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience designing for hardware products and new interaction models
Back to top