Product Designer Director - News & Interests
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a design leader to guide product design for News and Interests teams. The team's mission is to help people discover the best of Facebook and connect with their community and interests. Your role will be to define and execute on a vision for how people stay up to date with their interests and the latest news to make Facebook a leading destination for interests.The ideal candidate has expertise in product strategy, interaction and visual design and has experience designing personalization and recommendation-based products. You have experience coaching and inspiring a large team of designers in multiple offices working across multiple products simultaneously.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of talented designers.
- Help lead the vision and strategic planning for the Interests and News product roadmap, both short term and long-term.
- Help establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product design and execution.
- Manage multiple projects and allocate design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
- Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals.
- Drive product design with a team of world-class engineers, product managers, data scientists and user researchers.
- Establishing a strong, collaborative design practice.
- 8+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in product design and working collaboratively with engineering, design and user research teams.
- Senior people management, team development, and recruiting experience.
- Experience growing strategic design practice within design teams.
- Visual and interaction experience in software design.
- Organizational and analytical experience.
- Experience executing with hands-on design.
- Experience leading design teams that have delivered v0 to v1 products.
- Experience designing personalization and recommendation-based products.
Back to top