(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating the very best product for Facebook's billion users. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the experience for a wide area of the Facebook product. This position is full-time and based in Menlo Park.
We are looking for product designers who crave creative opportunity. You contribute as a leader in some capacity (whether on your direct team or throughout design).
You own an entire product space or work on projects that encompass multiple features and are broad/ambiguous in scope. Given a high-level problem, you deliver concrete end-to-end solutions that help define a product vision. You understand brand marketing and storytelling. You are interested in working cross media but starting in product. You demonstrate solid leadership skills. You have strong partnerships with product managers and engineers, likely providing product direction and exerting significant influence in defining goals for your product area. Your skill level across product thinking, interaction design, and execution & craft is generally solid across the board, with one or more areas being areas of particular strength. You have a good grasp of the medium you are designing for, and you make effective use of prototyping tools. You may be designing new patterns or introducing new standards in your work that later become adopted by others. You succinctly and effectively communicate your work and may be called upon to represent your product team to executive leadership or in design forums. You are actively mentoring junior designers or interns, or participating in design-team-wide initiatives (examples include: interviewing, recruiting, mentoring workshops, design standards, improving design tools, etc.)
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion+ users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Communication skills (you should be able to articulate your design decisions)
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top