Product Design Manager, WhatsApp
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
WhatsApp is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers. Candidates must have strong mentoring and communication skills. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. Candidates must also have strong interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy.
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 2 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
- Drive product design with a team of world-class designers, engineers, product managers, analysts and UX researchers.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Establish a strong, collaborative design practice with a healthy feedback culture.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- People management, team development, and recruiting experience.
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with engineering, product management and user research teams.
- 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross platform environments.
- Experience in designing for global audiences and people in emerging markets.
Back to top