Product Design Manager, Input Explorations - Facebook Reality Labs
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Reality Labs Input Explorations team is looking for an experienced, hands-on product design leader with strong people management skills, expertise in the domain of 3D interactive features, either in games or other interactive 3D software, and who is passionate about advancing the boundaries of input in spatial computing. The ideal candidate is an experienced product design leader who flourishes working in an ambiguous technology space at the front end of future products. This position will afford you the opportunity to explore the meaning and implementation of future input devices and technologies in spatial computing.
You will become part of a broader full-stack hardware, software, and design team prototyping and exploring new input devices and technologies in AR/VR, with a heavy focus on end user experience. As a leader, you will be expected to build then lead product design prototypers with different specializations from 3D prototyping, game design, UI/UX design to interaction design, and guide them so that they are able to do the best work of their careers. You will be expected to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team. We want people who work well in interdisciplinary teams; can brainstorm big ideas; have great product sense; work in ambiguous technology areas; have an eye for detail, and are comfortable working on a variety of software systems and wearing a lot of hats. This position is full-time and is based in Seattle.
- Lead a design team in the research, design, prototyping (in Unity) and delivery of new input and interactions for future input devices and technologies
- Synthesize learnings, strategic and design decisions then communicate them broadly to your cross-functional partners and broader org
- Thoroughly review and provide feedback for designers to improve their craft and product quality
- Clearly articulate your team's design decisions to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a well-executed, end-to-end feature or product that hits a high quality bar
- 5+ years experience shipping software products or 3D experiences
- 3+ years experience building, managing or leading teams of at least 5 full-time designers
- Experience with real-time 3D development such as Unity/C# or Unreal
- Proven experience to communicate across organizations
- Proven problem solving experience and experience overcoming challenges
- UI/Interaction development experience in a 3D product
- Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
- At least 1 VR product in your portfolio
- Experience thriving in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Game or interaction development experience across multiple surfaces (console, mobile, PC, VR, AR)
Back to top