Product Design Manager, Employee Experiences
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Privacy Org's mission is to honor people's privacy in everything Facebook does. We're at a pivotal moment for Facebook with issues of data use and privacy as critical to the company's future success. The Privacy Employee Experience team is seeking an experienced design manager to join our team to work designing and building a suite of mission-critical, high-profile products for Facebook employees. Privacy is Facebook's number one priority. Privacy is not one feature, product or constraint. The Privacy Employee Experience ensures that privacy is a fundamental component of the product development process. We enable teams across Facebook to make good decisions, prevent unintended privacy mistakes and meet our privacy commitments to the people that use all of Facebook's products and services.In this role, you'll support a talented group of designers. You'll partner and collaborate cross functionally with product teams, privacy program managers and more, to build a suite of products that every product team at Facebook uses. These are primary interfaces that ensure consistent, innovative privacy solutions are encoded into the build products. You'll bring empathetic and thoughtful leadership to empower designers to take ownership over their individual products and design decisions. You help grow individual and collective leadership capacity, inspiring each designer to push their boundaries and get to the next level. In doing so, you'll make sure the team is working to common purpose and building a suite of products that fit together seamlessly. This unique opportunity to both drive product innovation and shape the direction of the privacy landscape.
- You're excited to solve complex systems problems.
- You enjoy ambiguous problem spaces and 0-1 product design.
- You are highly collaborative and a great communicator with cross functional and partner teams.
- You have experience fostering and growing leadership.
- You have experience building consistency and design coherence across a suite of products.
- You are strong culture builder who foster an inclusive and diverse community.
- 4+ years industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- 8+ years of design experience.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- Experience leading product strategy.
Back to top