Product Design Manager, China Export Advertising
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Product Designer Manager to help lead and grow our China export advertising product team. As a key member of the landing team, this person will be responsible for hands-on design work, in addition to supporting a small local design team. Weâ€™re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, hands-on and passionate about digital advertising, product development, hyper growth and building strong teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: product design; interaction design; visual design; process design; developing strategies for growth; translating ambiguous problems into clear user needs; hiring designers; building team culture; site operations and close collaboration with engineering and PM leadership. The successful candidate is a culture carrier, data-driven, deeply understands growth, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This position is full-time and based in our Singapore office
This Product Design Manager will support China Export Advertising. Our mission is: to connect every business in China with people around the rest of world. Our strategy for winning in China is twofold: (a) unlock exponential growth by building products that open the top-of-funnel and (b) create the highest trust in our Chinese advertisers by building integrity products that prevent, educate, and enforce against bad actors.
- Help establish and drive healthy team culture and operations (in collaboration with other discipline leads)
- Support and grow the local design team
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion+ users
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee people's experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
- You possess excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions)
- Experience managing design teams
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build')
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Mandarin business fluency preferred, along with experience working in start-ups
Back to top