Product Design Leader, Developer Experiences - Facebook Reality Labs
- Los Angeles, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead the Oculus Developer Experiences group, the team responsible for creating tools and resources used by developers working on apps used in all Oculus products. In this role, you'll work on tools that enable us to take VR to the next level, enabling a whole new content strategy for VR. The nature of the work is complex and forward-thinking. The ideal candidate will be a strong org leader with a proven track record of building strong cross functional teams; someone who is a strategic thinker and can work alongside Director-level peers; and someone who understands the needs of our developer community. For the right candidate, there is a possibility of taking on additional responsibilities to include our Discovery & Distribution channel which ensures we are meeting the needs of both our users and app developers alike.
- Lead the design and user experience across products and platforms including web, mobile, PC and VR.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and development teams on the definition of functional requirements, and lead the design and execution of experiences and products.
- Build, lead and mentor a team of designers and product specialists, and a strategic plan for the future of the Developer Experiences team.
- Establish a strong design culture by staying on the forefront of emerging trends and best practices.
- Connect, build relationships, and work across Facebook to understand user and business needs to inform our roadmap.
- 5+ years experience management and leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience designing for shipping consumer software
- User centered experience and knowledge applied to human interaction and shipping products
- Experience shaping and leading product strategy
- Understanding of the application developer ecosystem
- Large organizational leadership experience
- Understanding of how to monetize content
- Experience working on large scale, complex projects across multiple org pillars
- AR/VR domain expertise
Back to top