Product Design Intern, Social VR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Join a cross-discipline team of designers, engineers, and artists who are passionate about creating a social VR experience where users can hang out, socialize, and play with others. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from conceptualizing and designing activities that promote positive social interactions in our products to prototyping your latest idea in Unity.
You will be expected to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills, and require candidates have some expertise in 3D interactive experiences (or games) and some proficiency in Unity.
- Research, design, prototype (in Unity) and implement new features for our current lineup of products
- Synthesize learnings and communicate them broadly to your cross-functional partners and the wider Social VR org
- Design user flows and journeys that clearly articulate your designs
- Clearly articulate your design decisions to internal stakeholders
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from other designers, and continuously raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
- Work with your Product Management partners to contribute to product strategy
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design-related field or pursuing a MA/MS degree or equivalent in a design-related field
- A portfolio link of your previous work experience
- Proficiency in Unity
- Experience with VR product in your portfolio
- Game development experience
Back to top