Product Design Engineer, Oculus
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Product Design Engineer at Oculus, you will take a critical role in bringing VR to our customers. You will develop structures, mechanisms, and solutions for consumer virtual reality hardware. You will take the lead exploring and refining major elements of the consumer Rift through hands-on, iterative prototyping, while working with a team of diverse, top engineers. You will refine selected designs and coordinate with manufacturing experts during the production process. We are looking for someone with a productive mindset who can apply their mechanical engineering expertise to solve problems in creative, insightful ways. Our ideal candidate has a strong mechanical background, excellent prototyping skills, expert 3D CAD capability, and experience in designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
- Design and develop new Oculus hardware products.
- Own engineering activities for a major assembly or entire product throughout the entire product lifecycle, from definition and creation, through design, production, and improvements.
- Implement sound engineering processes and systematic approaches, while solving diverse design and manufacturing challenges.
- Serve as a resident expert in effective engineering and design for manufacture processes.
- Contribute to the creation of technical specifications and product definition.
- Engineer parts and mechanisms that retain design intent and function according to specs.
- Test and evaluate design components for manufacturability and structural integrity.
- Coordinate with manufacturing experts to optimize part design and production processes, including assembly line set-up. Support production throughout the manufacturing process to realize your designs.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineering disciplines to identify challenges and offer solutions.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in 3D modeling in Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, Creo or Pro/E
- Human Factors design experience
- Knowledgeable in mechanical fundamentals
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience, specifically with plastic injection molding
- Experience building part and assembly prototypes in the shop
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience designing mechanisms
- Design analysis experience (FEA/Simulation skills)
- Experience with NX
- Background driving China-based vendors remotely and in-person
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills
Back to top